Sign In Forgot Password

Temple Israel Cemetery
6412 North 42 Street
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday – Friday

Max Meyer, Emmanuel Simon and Meyer Hellman recognized the need for a sanctified Jewish burial ground. They formed the B’nai Israel Society in March 1871, for the purpose of aiding the sick and burying the dead. In August 1871, they bought five acres for a cemetery at 42nd and Redick. The B’nai Israel Society deeded the cemetery property to the Congregation of Israel which later became Temple Israel.

Today the Temple Israel congregation owns and maintains its own cemetery along with B’nai Jacob and B’nai Shalom Cemeteries. The cemetery is a lovely, park-like setting which provides a contemplative atmosphere for remembering our beloved departed family members and friends.

Cemetery Plots are available for Temple Israel members and non-members. Please contact Executive Director Nate Shapiro, 402-556-6536.

Schrager Memorial Chapel

The Schrager Memorial Chapel at the Temple Israel Cemetery, provides families an option for funerals and memorial services in addition to the main sanctuary and the Chapel at Temple Israel. A memorial service between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and services for the burial of sacred objects are conducted in the Schrager Memorial Chapel at the cemetery. Temple Israel is grateful to Terri and the late Phil Schrager for generously donating funds from their charitable foundation to build the chapel.

Funeral Homes

John A Gentleman Funeral Home, Tom Belford 402-391-1664
Jewish Funeral Home 402-556-9392 
Heafey Hoffmann Dworak Cutler Mortuaries & Crematory 402-391-3900

Cemetery Locations

Temple Israel
6412 North 42 Street
View Larger Map

B’nai Jacob
B’nai Shalom

Beth El
84 & L Street

Golden HIll
42 and Brownie Street

Fisher Farm
South on 42 Street as far as you can go (Sarpy County)

Mt. Sinai
78 & Crown Point

 

Sun, July 25 2021 16 Av 5781